MARCH 29, 2020
In accordance with Governor Walz' shelter in place order, Dollhouse will remain closed until at least May 1st. In the meantime, you can continue to dance with us virtually -- the online schedule is now live at dollhousepoledance.com/online and features reduced class rates & no home pole required for most classes.
Online classes will be hosted at Zoom: to attend a virtual class, go to Zoom.com, create a free account, download the Zoom app on any smartphone, desktop, laptop, or tablet that you plan to use for class. Most of our virtual classes do not require a pole. See each class description for more Zoom details, and what items are suggested per each class.
Additionally, spring session of Pole Fundamentals will be postponed until summer. Please await our email about this if you are enrolled in one of the spring sessions.
Stay safe & hopeful everyone! :)
MARCH 16, 2020
We have been closely monitoring the COVD-19 outbreak, including the decision by Governor Walz to close all Minnesota schools through March 27th. As a result Dollhouse has made the difficult decision to cancel all classes through at least March 27th, effective immediately (Monday, March 16th).
Though we have evolved our cleaning & disinfecting protocol as COVID-19 reached Minnesota, we believe it's in everyone's best interest to discontinue group classes at the studio, and we urge everyone who is able to stay home. Our primary concern is the well being and health of our students, staff, and our Twin Cities' communities. We did not make this decision lightly but believe we owe it to each and every one of you to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Many of our instructors are ready to teach private lessons from home via Skype during this time -- if you'd like to be connected to an instructor to set this up, reply to this email and we can link you.
We will continue to monitor our email M-F to answer your questions, but we anticipate an influx of emails so please bear with us on what may be delayed reply times. This page will be updated during this time with any frequently asked questions or updates.
MEMBERSHIPS / EXPIRATION DATES / WORKSHOPS / ETC.
Students currently enrolled in our Competition Training or Pole Fundamentals series - all students have been refunded
Spring Sessions of Pole Fundamentals - happening as planned, as long as it is safe to reopen before the session
Students with active Punch Cards will be granted extensions on the expiration dates
Monthly Memberships will be frozen until we re-open
Private parties - you will be contacted to reschedule or cancel to receive a full refund of your deposit
Thank you all so much for understanding and continued support. We cannot wait to have you back in our studio, in person!
MARCH 12th, 2020
As the concern for COVID-19 increases in our community, we want to assure you that we are taking precautions to reduce the risk and spread of the virus, and let you know about the protocols we are implementing at Dollhouse to keep the studio a safe space for everyone, as informed by The Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
• Our weekly professional cleaning company has increased their attention to using EPA-registered disinfectants on ALL surfaces including light switches, doorknobs, faucets, tabletops, surfaces within reach, floors, electronics, etc. In addition, all cleaners are required by their company to wear gloves and masks while cleaning.
• Our daily cleaning includes disinfecting all dance floors after classes each night, so that they remain safe for all dancers & classes the day following, as well as an increased focus on disinfecting all keyboards, touchscreens, doorknobs, tabletops, faucets, light switches, electronics, etc.
• Clean pole rags will be stocked in a designated bin each day before classes, and all dirty rags will be washed nightly in accordance with the CDC's suggestions regarding laundry, but if you can-PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN RAGS TO POLE CLASS
• We have and will continue to provide 99% Isopropyl Alcohol for students and staff to clean poles before, during, and after class -- the CDC expects any solution with 70% or greater alcohol content to be effective against coronaviruses.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before & after class, avoid touching your face, and cough and sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue.
• We kindly request that if you or your family members are exhibiting any signs of respiratory illness such as coughing or sneezing that you refrain from attending class until your symptoms subside.
• Please clean the studio mats before and after use, and bring your own mat if you can.
• Please bring your own pole cleaning rags to class
• Clean & disinfect high-touch surfaces and objects (like phones, remotes, doorknobs, etc.) daily.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and update this page as needed. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us